Storms Wont Approach You
Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, But it shall not approach you.
When my mother comes to visit, if she sees I haven’t washed the dishes then she likes to wash dishes for me. My wife leaves, and I dirty up the dishes, she expects me to wash the dishes. My mother knows I want her to wash the dishes and she also knows I have delegated the authority to her to wash the dishes. I don’t make her do it, but I give her the authority (permission) to wash them. If she washes them great, when my wife returns she likes me (Not knowing my mother washed the dishes.) If my mother decides not to wash the dishes, and they don’t get washed, then I get the blame when my wife comes home because the dishes are still dirty. ISN’T THAT THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENS TO GOD? He sent Jesus to reclaim the authority that Adam lost to satan. Jesus did reclaim this authority and then delegates this authority to us to use again in the same manner Adam was told to use the authority. We have the power to stop the storms of life from approaching us, and if it gets done God gets the credit, if not God gets the blame.
Woman in Kentucky Stops Storms
There recently was a woman in Kentucky who went out of her house and changed the outcome of storms in her area. She stopped a tornado from hitting her house and stopped the storms from hitting her town in JESUS NAME. It is on video on YouTube and can be viewed here https://youtu.be/R8DkN_Z-aQQ. She actually took the authority that Jesus gave us and told the storms they could not touch down on her house or town and it went over that town as she prayed it away. You can see it coming down and then going back up into the cloud.
Here are a few of the comment excerpts about the storms this woman prevented:
- brings to mind Shadrach, Mescach and Abednego in the fiery furnace. unlike this sick society, the one back then all trembled in fear of God when they came out not even singed or smelling of smoke.
- I think the video is very inspirational, but yet reminds us all to pray for the victims, and to put those prayers into action by helping in any way we can.
- Luck, not prayers. If god existed why does he keep sending things like this to destroy homes and kill people?
- i’d like to see any of you stand on your front porches and pray this monster away invoking Darwin, Nietsche etc. It’s God’s children who will stand with him and judge the world.
- Stay safe everyone in the path of these storms. This lady is definitely insane. Please no one else stand in front of a tornado and pray. This is a good example of how religion harms people and warps the mind. Take cover not faith.
- her house was saved she was saved and yes it is foolishness to those who r perishing in there sins ( For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18 )
The problem is if the dishes don’t get done I get the blame from the general public’s point of view, not knowing that authority was delegated to someone else to do the dishes. Isnt that what happens when these storms come and only one woman steps up to the plate to use the authority Jesus told her to use?
Jesus clearly delegated authority to us when he was taken up into the clouds. Jesus said: “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it. (Mark 16:16-18)
Jesus also tells us:
- “Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done.”(Matthew 21:21)
- “He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20)
- “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.” (Mark 11:23)
- “The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!” He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. “Where is your faith?” he asked his disciples. (Luke 8:22-25)
When You have Power Over Storms
If well meaning Christians believe that God didn’t leave them the authority to change the outcome of storms and other tragedies in their life, then they may not fully understand several scriptures in the new testament. My hopes are this devotional will help someone to change the outcome of the storms of life with the authority God has given us in the name of Jesus.
In 2003 while I was asleep in bed, my brother called me and said for me to quickly take cover, a tornado was on the ground right by my house. I told him that God neither slumbers or sleeps and that He had promised me in His word that no destruction shall come near my dwelling. With that I rolled over and went back to sleep and the storms didn’t come near my dwelling.
In 2010 there was a tornado on the ground headed straight for my house. I commanded it to stop in the name of Jesus, then went on about my business. The next door neighbor saw it on a radar screen from his work computer. He later told me it looked like it made a U turn around our location then returned to its original path. I told him that I had prayed that one away.
Beloved, make your words count in the same manner that God intended for you to use them, get in agreement and quote what God says about your situation for the storms of life to pass you by, and He shall bring it to pass.
Please join me in prayer for all the people who have been affected by these tornado’s.